Monday, April 03, 2006

Akron/Family @ High Five Loft


After The Flaming Lips show on Saturday night I rushed out to Brooklyn expecting to catch the second half of Akron/Family's show at the High Five Loft. I arrived at the show around 11:15 only to find that Akron/Family hadn't even taken the stage yet. Sweet! At about midnight Akron finally took the stage. By this point the crowd had already slowly began to melt because of the temperature in the room. It felt like it was 120 degrees. Yikes! The heat didn't stop me from enjoying a great performance by one of the best live bands performing today. Akron/Family have completed their full transformation into rock and roll animals. The band continues to find new way to redefine their songs night after night. Turning some songs into jam vehicles that can stretch for over twenty minutes. After about an hour of serious rockin' the crowd had to worry less about melting from the heat of the room and worry more about having their faces melted by amazing rock journey that Akron were taking us on. At about 3am I began to tire out. And I left around 3:30 but Akron/Family were still jamming hard. I have no idea when they played to but I am sure the rest of the show was good as the first three and a half hours. As great as this show was do think their performance at the Knitting Factory was better becasue it seemed a little more focused and the sound was way better.
On a different note I would really like to acquire some Akron/Family live recordings. If anyone out there can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Example
Example

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they played until about 3:45-4ish, ending with the sing-a-long. it forayed into a dance party, i stayed til about 5, but the whole family and everyone left was roking out hard when i left.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn it was hot in there...do you have any more pics?

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger danfun said...

I wish i had more pictures from that night but I was kind of busy of too busy rocking out and stuck in kind of a bad location for taking photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home