Sunday, June 18, 2006

Band Of Horses @ the Bowery Ballroom

Hey Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket called and they want their sound back! Just kidding their is enough reverb to go around for everyone. Band of Horses who in my opinion do sound way too much like a My Morning Jacket cover band played the Bowery Ballroom on Friday night. The band was definitely working pretty hard on stage and I think a lot of people in the crowd were really into the show. But I felt like every time they would get into a rocking groove the song would just abruptly end. I had never really felt this way when listening to their album, "Everything All the Time". But live a lot off these songs just came of sounding way to bland and straight forward. However the song "The Great Salt Lake" sounded really great live as did a few of the new songs. Even though I wasn't blown away by this performance I will give them another chance perhaps when the return in fall.
Example
Example

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Mariana Hernández said...

well I like band of horses...mmm sera cahoone is better than everthing all the time

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Parfait Recipes said...

Appreciatte your blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home