Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Jose Gonzalez & Death Vessel @ Emo's Annex

On Friday during the day I went to the Pitchfork day show at Emo's Annex. First up was Joel Thibodeau aka Death Vessel. This was my first experience with Death Vessel and I was really impressed. His music which is rooted in traditional American song writing was right up my alley. Also his guitar playing is amazing. Death Vessel plays the Bowery Ballroom on Friday.
Example
Death Vessel Downloads:
Deep in the Hortcha
Mandan dink
Up next was Jose Gonzalez. Jose's music sounded as good live as it does on recording and it was the perfect way to start the day. His performance got me even more excited for his shows at Joe's Pub tomorrow. Jose is also playing with Death Vessel and the Books at the Bowery Ballroom on Friday.
Example
Example
After Jose Gonzalez played I decided to leave and bounce around looking for more great music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home