Monday, May 01, 2006

Townes Van Zandt & Guy Clark: Live at the Cactus Cafe


If you haven't seen the recent documentary Be Here to Love Meabout the late great Townes Van Zandt you really should. It is an amazing movie bout one of the greatest song writers to ever have lived. Around the time I was watching "Be Here to Love Me" I thought it would be cool to post a few Townes Van Zandt songs on here. Instead of posting just a few tracks I have posted this entire concert of Townes and Guy Clark from 1991. If you enjoy this recording you really should check out "Live at the Old Quarter" or "live at MacCabe's".

Townes Van Zandt & Guy Clark
Cactus Cafe, Austin, TX
02.16.91
No Lonesome Tune
L.A Freeway
Mr. Mudd & Mr. Gold
Fraternity Blues
Old Friends
Marie
Texas 1947
Homegrown Tomatoes
Let Him Roll
Intro to Pancho And Lefty
Pancho & Lefty
Snowin' On Raton
Desperados Waiting For A Train

8 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger katy Horan said...

Danfu, your blog is so awesome that everytime I look at it, I feel I need to gouge out my eyes for I will never see any thing so glorious ever again!

hee hee.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is awesome but the song titles are all wrong

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger danfun said...

I took the song titles directly from the recording. If you leave the correct song titles I will fix it. Thanks

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hooked on Townes and Guy Clark for a while, and I've been looking everywhere for live shows...thanx

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Towns was a GOD! Saw him here in Dallas and in Ft Worth so many time I took it for Granted there would always be another chance to see him. saw him one at the old poor Davids when it was on Greenville Ave. and it was like just any weekend night With friends, sitting around picking on tunes and just b/s'n around.
And my Big point to make is Towns like Guy Clark are NOT song writers, their Story Tellers, and they tell stories so well that at a live show it's like their chatting with you!!!!! God I miss Towns

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the links no longer work...did you take them down? i'd love to have this...

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Danfun,

Brett Hughes here, of Ramble Dove.

Would you mind if I posted a few of your (great!) shots you took at Irving Plaza? Let me know if you'd like them credited, etc. I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

best,
Brett

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger cassady said...

Wow, I used to have a cassette tape of this and I lost it years ago. It was one of my favorite concerts ever. I'd love to get these MP3s, but the links don't work anymore. Could you repost them perhaps? Thanks --- John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home