Monday, August 14, 2006

McCarren Pool Party with Deerhoof and more

Yesterday I spent another great Sunday at the Pool Parties at McCarren Pool. It was a beautiful day and everyone played great sets. My favorites were Apollo Sunshine and Deerhoof both played very energetic sets. This was my first time seeing Deerhoof as 3 piece band. They sounded as good as usual. Beirut were also good but their live set need a lot of work. It came off sounding very sloppy. Also most of the songs sounded far to similar for my taste. Overall it was a great way to end a really fun weekend of music (I also saw Sonic Youth, Blood on the Walls, and the Anti Folk Festival).
Quest Love
Example
The Harlem Shakes
Example
Apollo Sunshine
Example
Example
Beirut
Example
Example
Deerhoof
Example
Example
See more photo here.