Friday, February 03, 2006

New Orleans Jazz Fest 2006

There was a lot of talk about music festivals this week with the announcement of the initial lineups for both Coachella and Bonnaroo. But most bloggers didn't even mention that the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival confirmed that they will be holding the festival as planed. Anyone that has been to Jazzfest knows that this is event is about more than just music it is a cultural event. This years festival is even more important because New Orleans need tourists. So I suggest to everyone that has ever thought about going, go and be part of what might be the most significant Jazzfest ever.
NOJazzfest

7 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post. couldnt agree more, but then again i am biased... i grew up an hour outside new orleans and never missed jazzfest throughout my later high school years and all of college. havent been back since moving to new york though. but very cool post...

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to any of these festivals?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger danfun said...

I am going to SXSW, Jazzfest and lollapoloza if it happens if it doesn't happen I will be going to ACL. I had planed to go to coachella but it is the same time as Jazzfest. I would love to go to Bonaroo but it would mean I would have to take a lot of time off of work.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm really tempted to buy a ticket to Bonnaroo. I've never been. Unfortunately, my friends are pansies and I need to find someone I can carpool with. SXSW sounds hot, too. And Jazzfest should be really profound this year.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger The Don said...

Man, Love the blog. I'm linking ya to mine!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Justin said...

I'm obviously going to be at Lollapalooza and the other Chicago music festivals...

This would be a great year for Jazz Fest but I'll be at Jam in the 'Dam...

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger danfun said...

Justin we should try to meet up at Lollapalooza. Have fun at Jam in Dam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home