Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Morning Jacket @ Webster Hall

New York am asked My Morning Jacket keyboardist Bo Koster "What can we expect from your show tomorrow?" and Bo responded "Expect to come and have your face melted." Well that is exactly what happened on Tuesday night. At the end of My Morning Jacket's sold out show at Webster Hall, I looked around and there were hundreds of people standing in puddles of their own faces. Most of these people were also looking for their sock which were rocked off at some point during the show.
Again MMJ opened with "Wordless Chorus" while the stage was completely dark, but when Jim started to sing the "ohh ohh" part a series of strobe lights went off. The crowd was immediately stirred into a frenzy. They again followed the opener with "It beats for you" and "Gideon". But it wasn't until the fourth song, "One Big Holiday" that the crowd absolutely let lose and went crazy. Tuesday nights show also saw Jim bust out the Omni chord for "Sooner" which sounded great. The band also extended the intro for "Off the Record" and it sounds great very spooky before the "Hawaii Five-O" guitar comes in. "Dondante" is also becoming a great song for them to perform live and just sounds better and better each time I see them perform it. They also opened the Encore with "At Dawn" which is one of my favorite songs. Although the set list didn't change that much from Boston. I felt that Tuesday nights show had a higher level of energy. Overall it was another great show by My Morning Jacket. They will also be returning to New York on New Year's Eve to perform with The Black Crowes at Madison Square Garden
My Morning Jacket
My Morning Jacket
My Morning Jacket
My Morning Jacket
My Morning Jacket
See more photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home