Monday, May 08, 2006

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Recap

The second weekend of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival was awesome. I spent of the time at the Fais Do Do stage and the Jazz Heritage Tent. My favorite part of the festival was easily Paul Simon. He played a great set on Sunday. The set was mostly old material but did include "How Can you Live in the Northeast" and "Outrageous" both off of his new album "Surprise". Other highlight included Rebirth Brass Band and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band sharing the stage in the Jazz tent to end the festival, the great food, and getting to spend time with close friends.
Example
Example
Example
Example
Example
See all of my photos from the Festival here and see my photos from around New Orleans here.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pic of the marching band is really cool!

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend referred me to your site for jazzfest coverage and photos. And while it seems like you have great taste and are giving back to the community by sharing your thoughts and getting others into good music, I have to say that calling Paul Simon a highlight of Jazzfest is a crime that should be punished by death. Simon's set was like watching a sedated grandfather sing karaoke, and Slip Sliding Away was literally a cry for help. I left after three songs and made my way over to the Heritage Tent for Pete Fountain, which I will confidently say was one of the actual highlights of Jazzfest 06. Sorry for the harsh critique, but that Simon comment is offensive and atrocious, and such lies should be halted immediately. My email is Jishman@aol.com if you want to discuss further. Keep blogging.
-Jared

 

Post a Comment

<< Home