Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Morning Jacket added to Mountain Jam and Live Download

Example

Jim James and My Morning Jacket have been ruling my face since the release of their sophomore album "At Dawn". Last year proved to be a really big year for MMJ. It saw the release of "Z" which received great critical praise and massive tour followed. However the year ended on a down note. Jim James was diagnosed with pneumonia and they were forced to cancel both their opening spot for the Black Crowes at MSG and a tour of Europe.
One of the best parts of MMJ has always been their live show. So I was especially pleased to see them get right back out on the road the moment Jim was feeling better. They are currently on tour with Pearl Jam. They are playing two nights with the Boston Pops! They may be playing a 4 hour set at Bonnaroo and they were also recently added to the lineup for the Hunter Mountain Jam. I had not planned to attend the Mountain Jam but I am now. The second day of this event looks awesome.
To celebrate MMJ being back on the road here is one their of the best performances ever. This show has it all a rockin' "Cobra", a great version of "Steam Engine" and a cover of Bob Dylan's "Man in Me".

My Morning Jacket
Lebowski Fest 6.18.04
Brown-Forman Ampitheater
Louisville, KY
Intro
The Man in Me
Golden
Just one thing
It beats for you
Lowdown
The way that he sings
How do you know
Strangulation
One big holiday
I will sing you songs
O is the one that's real
Cobra
Dancefloors
Mahgeetah
Encore:
At dawn
Steamengine
Run thru

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Awesome man, I always love a good My Morning Jacket download.

Sadly, I still have not seen them live. Pathetic, I know...

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mountain jam line-up looks pretty solid, especially the 2nd day. would probably be asking too much to squeeze randolph in on sunday too, though.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks man! Looking forward to a listen!

Am I the only one having trouble with the link to 'The Way That He Sings'?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger danfun said...

Sorry about that all link are fixed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home