Saturday, June 03, 2006

Strange Days

Sorry for the lack of posts during the past few weeks but these have been some of the strangest days of my life. The past week saw me celebrate my 26 birthday, meet Jim James of My Morning Jacket, watch Trey Anastasio join Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove on stage for some great honky tonk rock and roll, get sicker than I have been in the past six years, I became so sick that was hospitalized for 2 days, and then finally I met a very talkative Ryan Adams. Hopefully now that I am feeling better I will be back to posting full time. This week I should have details of my conversation with Ryan, a new show or two for download and a full review of Ramble Dove and Jam on the River.
Peace and love.
Danfun

6 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u go to both days at JoTR? i only ended up at the second one, but did see dso the night before. was also at the mike gordon show, u wouldnt of happened to be group of people up front yelling for them to play "whos driving the bus" would u?

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! (and sorry to hear) -- at the exact same time.

Can't wait to see the photos/reviews!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger danfun said...

anonymous,
I only went to 2nd day of JoTR I was a mong the gourp yelling WDTB it has become a call for me and my friends. Some day I will explaine the orgin of the phrase Who's Driving the Bus? Did I meet you at Mike Gordon?

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

<-- anonymous 2, I was also only at the second day show of the festival, solid SM set, eh? And it got a bit crazy up front during the Ween set, some girl collapsed. Well if you were who yelling wdtb then I was right next to you, snapping some photos as well. I even took a video when they played "possum." I need to load it up on youtube when I get some time.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger danfun said...

I definetly thought Sm set at JoRT was good. I have seen them a number of times and latley they seem to be playing with more energy than normal.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I saw them in Toronto a few weeks ago and at JoTR and compared to last year I think they definitly improved a lot on an already stellar live show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home